In my California Bucket list by local, I have added all the things I want to do in California. California is nearly 900 miles wide and it offers a variety of adventures throughout the state. California has been my new home from last one year and I am thriving with its weather. It’s always pleasant, warm, sunny and you can go out in any season. Each season has its glory. You can find a beach, mountains, valley, and dessert in one single state. Isn’t that awesome? Here is my California bucket list by local.
California Bucket List by local
1. View Golden Gate Bridge from different angles
The Golden Gate Bridge is the most iconic suspension bridge in the United States and a very famous tourist spot in San Francisco. There are various spots from where you can enjoy the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from different angles. Here are my favorite spots.
2. Hike to Hollywood sign
There are multiple places from which you can hike to Hollywood Sign but Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory are the popular once. These two trails are fairly easy compared to other trails. I have to pick a trail this summer to hike.
3. Enjoy the drive on Pacific coast highway
California state is along the Pacific coastline and driving on the Pacific highway is almost in every tourist’s bucket list. We drove south to North (LA to SFO) but you can choose either way. I was totally amazed by the spectacular view of the ocean stretching miles and miles on one side and mountains on another side. An Eye-catching view and feel of the ocean breeze recharged my body and my stress disappeared.
4. Attend the star party at Griffith Observatory
Griffith Observatory is a family fun place and you will find interesting things for every age. Personally, I like the huge Zeiss telescope they have in the observatory. And you can view the stars through the Zeiss telescope during the star party. I have been to the observatory, but still, have to attend star party. To check the star party schedule visit Griffith Observatory.
5. View sea lions chilling at La Jolla Caves
You are visiting California and haven’t seen sea lions yet? I am not talking about 2-3 sea lions like you get to see in the zoo. I am talking about 50 or 100 sea lions. You head to a Rocky point near La Jolla cave you will see a huge group of sea lions chilling by the water.
6. Taking pictures at urban lights outside the art museum
These urban lights are a sculpture by Chris Burden located outside of the Los Angeles country museum of art. All the light poles you see there were once a street light and lite streets of Southern California.
7. Spot a celebrity at Malibu beach
8. Find the star of your favorite celebrity at Hollywood walk of fame.
Hollywood walk of fame is actually a sidewalk on Hollywood Boulevard and open 24/7 attraction. You will see stars embedded on the sidewalks with different celebrity names on it. Find your favorite celebrity star.
9. Capture pictures of spring bloom in Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve
Antelope Valley poppy reserve attracts numerous tourists and locals during spring. All poppy flowers cover the area like an orange bed. This is once a lifetime experience and if you are visiting in the spring season then you should not miss this place.
10. Do night gazing at Joshua Tree National Park
Have you counted stars when you were a kid? I did a lot and my Joshua trip reminded me that. Amazing clear skies and you can see stars popping up in the skies.
11. Find Tallest tree in Sequoia National Park
I know it’s a tough part because all the trees are huge and tall. You will feel so tiny walking through these trees.
12. Walkthrough Cypress Tree Tunnel in Point Reyes National Park
13. Hike to the top of half dome
It is 14 to 16 miles round trip hike and I have to train myself for that. I also need to have a permit in order to do a hike and that permit are available by lottery in March. Hence, I have to be well prepared for hiking with all the permission and training. Most probably I will apply next year.
14. Enjoy the wine castle in Napa Valley
Castello di Amorosa has become popular because of its authentically-styled 13th-century Tuscan castle. I am a big fan of Castle and this is must visit a winery for me in Napa Valley.
15. Visit Bumpass Hell one and the only geothermal pool of California
16. Enjoy whale watching in Santa Cruz
17. Try to solve the mystery behind Mystery spot of Santa Cruz
I have been to Mystery spot twice and still wondering how it’s possible that you don’t feel the gravitational force in that particular cabin? Is it really true or they are tricking my eyes?
18. Spot all different colors of glass on glass beach in Fort Bragg
The glass beach shows the ocean is so polite. We give trash to the ocean and they give beautiful glass in returns and that to of different colors.
19. Take a ghost tour of Queen Mary at Long Beach Harbor
This is a bit scary for me, but I still want to take a tour of “Illusions of the Passed” offered in the Queen Mary. There are two more tours on Paranormal activity, but I don’t think I can handle that.
20. Explore the lowest point of North America (Badwater Basin in Death Valley)
I loved the death valley national park overall. I didn’t know Badwater Basin is the lowest point of North America until I visit the place. You will see a small mark indication sea level and you are standing below that point. Isn’t it amazing?
21. Enjoy Snorkeling at Catalina Island
22. Enjoy the sunset from Del Cerro Park Palos Verdes.
Palos Verdes is my favorite area in SoCal. You can enjoy the view of the Pacific ocean sitting on a cliff. During sunset, backdrop colors are simply amazing.
23. Explore the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studio
Are you a harry porter fan just like me? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will make you feel like you are on the set of the Harry Potter Movie. I still want to go back again and experience.
24. Enjoy street performances at Santa Monica Pier
The world is full of talented people and it is more than what you see on tv. Street performers are one of them. I saw a different type of artist on Santa Monica Pier like Musician, Singer, Painter, etc.
25. Take surfing lessons in San Diego
26. View the city of San Francisco from twin peaks
I have been to San Francisco twice and I love the view of the city from twin peaks. Twin Peaks are definitely the place which helps you to forget all your stress and make you feel relaxed. It will also keep you away from city life.
27. Relax on the weekend in Sausalito
28. Camping in Anza-Borrego Desert state park
Besides wildflowers and natural beauty, this park is popular for back county camping and huge metal sculptures that dot the Borrego Valley.
29. Skiing at San Bernardino mountains
I am not a good skier but want to learn skiing. Until I learn skiing I am happy to play with snow.
30. Board Napa Valley wine train
I am sure you have visited plenty of wine bars and wineries, but the wine train is something different to experience.
31. Cruze the canal of long beach
32. Ride aerial tramway in Palm Spring
33. Shopping at Beverly Hills rodeo drive
34. Dine and shop at grand central market Los Angeles
35. Slide down at OUE skyspace slide
Do you like to slide? I love slides. How about if I tell you can ride nearly 1,000 ft. above Downtown LA? Yes OUE skyspace has slide and you can ride it.
I will get to explore more as summer is here and the temperature is getting better now. If you know something which I can add to my California bucket list, then suggest in the comment.
2 thoughts on “California Bucket List by local”
This is a great list! I can’t wait until my next trip to California!